Saturday, October 11, 2008

Brooklyn's question....

Here's a little conversation that I had with Brooklyn tonight when I was putting her in bed...
Brooklyn : Mom, where did Blake come from?
Me: Heavenly Father sent Blake to our family, Blake lived in my tummy until he grew big enough to come out.
Brooklyn: I know that mom, your tummy was so BIG! But, how did he get in your tummy??
Me: Uhh.... Well.... Heavenly Father just put Blake in my tummy.

That was the best answer I could give on the spot, I didn't think I would have to start preparing to answer questions like this! She looked at me very confused like, like it didn't make sense at all to her. She's not even 4 yet!! I am not ready to have this conversation with her, and she is way to young to be hearing about it. She's a very curious girl, she's always asking tons of questions. Right now she's going through a phase where she keeps measuring her height to see if she's grown taller. She asked me a while back when she could get married, I told her when she grew big and tall. She used to tell me she wanted to get married at 16, well tonight when she said her prayers, she said "Help to to turn 5 years old so I can get married". She's so anxious to grow up!! I hope she doesn't grow too fast, because I'm not looking forward to having "the talk" with her.


7 comments:

AMB said...

Man, kids are so smart! I'm not looking forward to that either. My sister recently got this same question. She told her son that she had an egg inside of her that daddy fertilized and it grew into a baby. He was satisfied with that.

Carrick family said...

Oh good answer! I wouldn't be able to think of an answer quickly to tell! Kylee is trying to be pregnant with me too. She put stuffed animal under shirt. Kids are funny. Hey, you got tagged on my blog

Joe and Liz said...

Thanks for the laugh Teri. That's hilarious!! I'm not sure what I would have said to her...

Natasha said...

Good answer! I'm cracking up that she totally took you off guard. I told Daisy that mommies and daddies make babies with Heavenly Father's help. Good luck!

flem-fam said...

Yikes! Avery has been obsessed with how the babies get OUT, but luckily hasn't asked me how they get IN yet! I'm not looking forward to that yet either.

Kelly said...

Hey, how do you think I feel? Katelyn is already 9!! That talk is quickly approaching! I'm not looking forward to it at all!

YW ROCK said...

I am lucky that way, because i have c-sections and my boys have all seen where they have came out. But, Daniel is almost 10 and yes, we have already had that conversation with him. You need to tell kids things sooner now a days and it is very sad, or else they learn it the wrong way or from someone else and they that is when they want to experiment. It is so sad that we are all getting to that age now to talk to our own kids about stuff!! Good luck!