Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Together Again

This past weekend me and my two sisters drove down to St. George for my Uncle Paul's funeral. Attending the funeral brought back a lot of great memories of my childhood. I grew up in a small mountain community in Southern California called Frazier Park. We lived pretty much away from everything and I remember at times wishing we lived closer to a mall or theaters. As I've gotten older I've realized how lucky I was to have grown up there. My grandparents lived just across the street from us, and my Uncle Paul and Aunt Connie and their kids lived just down the street. We did a lot together as family, my cousins were some of my best friends. Since we didn't live close to much of anything, me and my cousins spent a lot of time playing monopoly with my grandma, having family talents shows, hikes with my grandpa, roasting smores for family night, slumber parties, playing flashlight tag in the mountains. Some of my favorite memories of my Uncle was him taking all of us kids out on his boat. He had a giant tractor tube that he would pull all the kids on. We had to all hang on as he whipped us around trying to throw us off. Those family vacations would not have been the same without him. Going to his funeral to pay tribute and say goodbye brought back a lot of these memories. It made me really appreciate my family. My uncle was a great man and he'll be missed by many, I'm so grateful that families are forever.
My cousins, "The girls".
My sisters: Kelly, Holly, Caroline, Lauren and my brother Steven.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are all so beautiful you should market that smile! Big Money. Sorry to hear about your uncle but he's in a better place now.

Julie Johnston said...

It's fun to see you all together. Definately some family resemblances. I'm glad you were able to be together for this.