Thursday, January 29, 2009

Sweets Factory




We went to the Sweets Factory in Salt Lake with Brooklyn's preschool group this week. It was a lot of fun, it was a 40 minute tour of their factory. We were all lucky enough to wear the lovely hairnets, it reminded me of working in the school cafeteria in junior high. So embarrassing! I thought the tour was really neat, it was interesting to see the whole process of how candy is made and packaged we even got some free candy a long the way. We couldn't take pictures inside the factory, so we just took a couple of pictures at the candy store in the lobby. I'd have to say that the purple gumdrops were my favorite, I usually hate gumdrops but these were sooo chewy and soft, I loved it! I knew that walking through a factory full of candy at hands reach would be a hard temptation for Weston to resist so I brought along his bear leash. It's funny because sometimes I get glares from strangers that I'm treating my child like an animal, and other times I get moms coming up to me asking where I got it. I figure if his bear leash makes my life easier and if it keeps him from getting lost or running off getting into trouble then it's a great thing to have. Weston thinks it's cool too, he pretends it's Diego's rescue pack!
My kids were on a SUGAR RUSH the rest of the day because they ate way to much CANDY, but they had a great time and a fun memory was made.

2 comments:

Caroline said...

wow I never went on any field trip like that!!! looks like u all had fun. That must have been Heaven to all of them!

Joy said...

Those purple gumdrops were really good!! Thanks again for sending me the pictures.