Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My Picky Eater...

Dinnertime with Weston is a struggle every night! Tonight was a good night for him. His pediatrician has always told me to never cook special meals just for him, he should eat what I fix for the whole family. Easier said then done!! I have to admit I'm not always consistent with trying to get him to eat dinner, it can be very exhausting and it can ruin dinner time for the whole family. He will literally sit at the table for hours just staring at his food crying! All I really ask of him is to eat two bites! That's it!! Sometimes it's easier to just give him what he wants which is either a bowl of cereal or a peanut butter sandwich. So one of my new year resolutions this year is to be consistent with dinnertime, if he doesn't want to eat dinner then he'll have to go to bed hungry and wait until breakfast to eat. His doctor said he wont starve missing a meal, it's just kinda sad when he keeps saying how hungry he is. I really hope I can follow through with this and not give in!

Oh man... chicken is yucky!
Aahh, do I have to??
Please mom don't make me!!

I'm not so sure about this??

Yeah! I did it!! And it tasted pretty good...
I think I'll have another bite.

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Pretty funny pictures.

Nate, Holly, Parker, Joshua, Ethan and Grace said...

love the pictures. they are so funny.

Joy said...

Kids can be such stinkers! Funny commentary on your pictures...I love it when they tell a story like that.

Caroline said...

haha thats cute! He is like rich. doesnt like any food. but this is way cute/

Carrick family said...

Oh man, it is hard, huh? Sage is going through that stage right now too. She won't eat dinner or lunch. I tell her no treat for her. I love the way you described each picture. Funny!