Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Day 2 and 3 in Peru

Here are some pictures I got from Rich tonight. He is keeping a journal of what he's learning and doing over there, I'm anxious to read it when he gets home. He would be better at writing on our blog about what he's doing each day then me, he just doesn't have time. We were online tonight for a little while and he told me a few things he did. He went to a small village to see how the people live and he said it was very humbling. He saw a 7 month old baby die today, he said that was really hard to watch. He also saw two preemie babies born, one of them probably wont make it through the night. He got to see HIV, STD and malaria on a microscope slide, he thought that was interesting. He also said that one of the surgeons asked him to help with a surgery tomorrow afternoon, he's really excited about that.



















1 comment:

Nate, Holly, Parker, Joshua, Ethan and Grace said...

i love these pictures. Hearing about the newborn babies made me sad. It makes me greatful for my healthy baby ethan