Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Day




We had a really great Christmas this year, it seems like it gets better every year as our kids get older. Rich raced home from work on Christmas morning, because he knew the kids were waiting to open up presents. I kept our kids trapped in our bedroom with a movie until he made it home. Brooklyn's favorite gift was a pack of craft beads that you make using patterns. It was only $6.00, so you cant beat that! She has already spent hours making designs and having me iron them out. Weston loves his Diego aquadoodle and a set of Lincoln Logs. I was really excited about my purchase on the Lincoln Logs, they normally cost $24.99 but Shopco had them on sale for $9.99 but were sold out, so I priced-matched at Walmart, and they matched that price. You gotta love Walmart! (I have to thank Cami for teaching me how to price-match!) Blake had fun just playing with the wrapping paper, but he did seem to like the couple of toys we got him. I was also excited for Christmas morning to come because my sister Kelly had a ultrasound on Christmas Eve to find out the sex of the their baby. They had the ultrasound technician write down the sex of the baby on a piece of paper so they could open it on Christmas morning. They found out they were having a boy! My sister has 3 girls and one boy, so now my nephew Mason will have a brother.
Hope everyone had a good Christmas, I am already looking forward to the new year and what it brings.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Sounds like a fun Christmas! My girls love little crafts like that one of Brooklyn's too. Every Christmas it seems my kids play with the cheapest toys the most. It just goes to show you don't have to spend a lot for your kids to have a great Christmas!

Carrick family said...

OH fun!!! I love perles that Brooklyn got. I got it for kids for UEA break and they worked on it for hours and days. It is fun!! I love Lodge cabin toy. So much fun! Glad you had a good xmas!