Sunday, July 06, 2008

Happy 4th of July!


4th of July is one of my favorite holidays! Some of my favorite memories as a kid is celebrating this holiday with my cousins, we would usually swim all day and have a BBQ.

We usually try to go to my sisters homes in Idaho to spend the holiday with them, but Rich had lots of homework, and gas prices had a little something to do with it!! My sisters really know how to celebrate this holiday, they go all out!!! It's always lots of fun to be with them. So instead, we had a quiet 4th of July at home which was really nice. We had Rich's brother and his wife over for a BBQ. Brooklyn and Weston absolutely adore Uncle Ryan and Aunt Staci. Later that night we met up with some neighbors and did some fireworks in the street. It was neat to see my kids faces light up when they saw the fireworks!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Looks like fun. It will be fun having you guys up here someday. The more family, the funner it is.

Natasha said...

This was the first year since Jeff and I have been married that we didn't do the traditional bbq and fireworks with his family. We went to Cedar camping with my family instead. It made me feel a little sad that we weren't following tradition, but we had a great time.

Unknown said...

Your kids are too cute. They sure loved the fireworks. You forgot to mention you ran 10miles that day too!