Saturday, February 04, 2012

JDRF activity to the bounce house

Brooklyn is apart of of a little JDRF group in in Albuquerque, every couple of months JDRF gets everyone together to do some kind of activity. This activity couldn't have come at a better time as Brooklyn is getting more and more emotional about dealing with Diabetes everyday. She's the only kid at her school with diabetes, so she feels a little alone with this. Lately, she has been asking for a break from diabetes. I wish I could give her that break. Today was fun spending time with other kids and parents that deal with what we do each and everyday. I was speaking with another mom and her daughter was diagnosed when she was 3 and she's 6 now.  She showed me the tips of her daughters pinkies, they were totally black from being poked too much. I really admire these kids and all they do, they deal with challenges each day that we all take for granted. Brooklyn had so much fun today, and it's always good for her to see that there are others out there just like her. When we ate as a group everyone was whipping out their meters, insulin pumps and shots. I think it's good for Brooklyn to see that. Brooklyn had a low blood sugar right before lunch because she played so hard. Before I got out my meter and juice another mom walked by and said "Oh, I'm sorry your daughter is low".  She smiled and rubbed my arm.  It made me feel good that I'm not alone in this as a parent too.  



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thats so tough! keep your head up