Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

Mother's day was great this year. I woke up to hearing my kids and Rich busily making breakfast while I laid in bed with Samantha. Rich brought me my breakfast and asked if I wanted to eat it in bed or downstairs with the kids. That was a easy a decision, how often do I really get to eat breakfast in bed?? So while I enjoyed my omelet, pancakes, fresh fruit and o.j I could hear Rich getting after the kids for fighting and trying to get them to eat their food. It was kinda fun to hear all the commotion from upstairs and not have to break up the fights and get my kids to eat their food. After breakfast the presents were brought up to me, Brooklyn colored about 6 different cards for me as well as a ceramic cupcake she made at school. Rich got me a pair of slippers and a cute pair of p.j's that will hopefully fit in the next month or two. After breakfast, Rich cleaned up the dishes and then I decided to get up and help get the kids ready for church. Rich and I were betting on what the ladies at church would receive for a mothers day gift, I guessed it would be a sweet treat and he thought I would get a rose. I won the bet, we all got chocolate. I would take chocolate over a flower any day. The primary sang a song for all the mother's, Brooklyn was too shy to go up and sing but Weston ran up there with enthusiasm and sang his heart out.
After the song he was walking back to where we were sitting and he started to wave to the congregation like he was a famous actor walking on the red carpet. It was pretty cute. After church Rich had to go up to school to study for a midterm he had on Monday. Me the kids got out some blankets and watched a movie and ate popcorn. This is the first time we have celebrated mother's day without any of our families now that we have moved. There was a part of me that missed the big dinner with all the family, but there was something really sweet and simple about just being with my kids and Rich. I love being a mother, I can't imagine doing anything else right now then being a mom to these 4 kids...


4 comments:

Amy said...

Sounds like you had a fantastic day, and I am really impressed with Rich's skills in the kitchen!

Anonymous said...

Glad it was wonderful! Happy Mammas day to one of the finest moms in the world love ya teri

Kelly said...

Wow, that's quite a spread for breakfast. Yum! And that's pretty funny about Weston waving at everyone. Sounds like a great day! I meant to call you Sunday, Happy Mother's Day!

Carrick family said...

Sweet!!! I am glad you had a good Mother's Day!! Your kids are so sweet and so thoughtful of their mom!! Miss you! Oh by the way, we got chocolate at the church! I was so happy!! I d prefer chocolate over the rose too!