Saturday, April 19, 2008

Salt Lake Half Marathon




Here we are at the race today. It was a lot of fun. Last year I ran this race and I had just found out I was pregnant with Blake, so I didn't feel too great. So I was happy to have felt good today and not be pregnant.
At the beginning of the race they had a gospel choir singing and dancing, it got everyone motivated! And as always, they hand out tons of free food at the end of the race. Not that I feel like eating, I usually feel like throwing up, but my kids always enjoy the food! I'm glad it's done, now I'm going to keep on training for the Bear Lake marathon in June. Hopefully with all this running, I can get the last 10 pounds of baby weight off!

8 comments:

crush said...

Teri! I had no idea you ran the SL 1/2 yesterday! You didn't say a word at church! Good for you! I can't believe you're doing all this with a 3 month old! You're totally going to do great at the marathon! We need to talk more about it all! I'm excited you're going to be there with me! Congrats on a great run!

Merri Hackett said...

Way to go Teri! My neighbor and I ran it and I looked for you, but w/ thousands of people there's no way to find anyone! It was a fun race! I'm excited to do another one!

Katie said...

I can't believe you did that! You are absolutely amazing! When I grow up I want to be like you!

Katie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AMB said...

Um, Teri, that extra ten pounds is probably muscle. You look amazing- don't worry about your weight.

You should feeling really proud of yourself for accomplishing that. Awesome!!!

AMB said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carrick family said...

Wow, you are so amazing for running after having a baby 3 months ago!!! You rock!! Good job! I wish I could run that far like you!

Stinsonian said...

Way to go Teri! You seriously don't look like you need to lose baby-weight. You look like a marathoner!!