Thursday, August 23, 2012

1st day of School

The night before school started I laid awake all night. Partly with excitement for my kids to get back in school and get a routine back(and for me to get a little break during the day), but mainly stressing about the teachers and staff knowing how to manage my kids diabetes while they are at school. I met with some of the staff before school actually started to give them all the information and supplies they needed for Blake and Brooklyn, but you cant really teach anyone all the bits and pieces of diabetes in 1 hour. When I dropped the kids off for school, I envied the other parents that could drop their kids off and not have my worries. I was back and forth to their school 4 times that day to help test blood sugars and count carbs. The school does not have a full time nurse, but they have something even better. The 4th grade teacher at the school has a daughter with type 1, and Brookyn's classroom is right next to her and Blake is down the hall. What a blessing that is for us to have someone who lives with diabetes there to help my kids. It takes a huge stress off of me. The kids have been in school for about a week now and are loving it.

Weston, 1st grade

Blake, Pre- K
(The school does pre-school Monday-Friday for 3 hours, and it's free! Blake didn't officially start on this day, he just had testing at the school)
Brooklyn, 3rd grade


Blake's first day!   He has been SOOO excited, he's watched his sister and brother go to  for years and it's finally his turn. 

2nd day of school for Brooklyn and Weston. 

Samantha saying goodbye to everyone

2 comments:

Natasha said...

I got so distracted reading your latest posts the other day that Levi was late for kindergarten...ooops! It is so great to see you and your family, and your new home. We think of you often, and are all looking forward to the news of your new arrival!

Heather said...

Just wanted to say we love you all and miss you! I am so excited to hear news about that little baby. . .hopefully soon!