Sunday, April 17, 2011

Running with Jenny

Two months ago I asked some of my friends if anyone wanted to do a half-marathon with me. I didn't think I would find anyone who would want to do the run, which is ok.  I enjoy running alone and just listening to my music. I was surprised when  my friend Jenny called me and said she had been thinking about doing this run with me for a few days. She has never ran a half marathon before, and she seemed a little unsure if she could do it.  As I've been doing my long runs with her, it's been neat for me to see her confidence being built and accomplish these long runs each week.  I really looked forward to our Saturday runs together, we talked about EVERYTHING!  It was fun to have a running partner for this race. When we saw the finish line Jenny's kids ran and crossed the finish with her. It gave me goosebumps! Crossing a finish line always feels awesome, but doing it for the first time is really neat. I crossed my first half marathon with my sister-in-law Stacie and I still remember how great that felt. I enjoyed watching Jenny accomplish this goal that she thought was so far out of her reach. We celebrated her accomplishment later that night at Outback Steakhouse. YUM! Eating after a race is always guilt free:)



This was also my first race of running with my vibram shoes. I really liked wearing them. I don't think I would do a trail run with these shoes, but they are great on pavement and on the tredmill. I haven't had any knee pain since I've started running on the balls of feet and not landing on my heels first, these shoes force you to run that way. I've had fun trying these out, I'm thinking that I will be wearing vibrams for a long time. 

4 comments:

Janna said...

YOU LOOK AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! Oh my goodness. I'm so proud of you and your running abilities. Ran for the first time on Saturday. I can do this! :) Thanks for the info on the shoes.

Amy said...

I've been running with Julie for our Saturday long runs and it is so fun to have someone to chat with and work hard with. If those Vibrams will give me legs like yours I'm sold. :)

Carrick family said...

You are the one that introduced me to running. I still remember my first 5k runs with you. I need to try yo. Ur new running shoes. Thanks for making me running! You looks amazing & skinny!!

Anonymous said...

WOW look at your fantastic calves and butt! Nice I think I will blow up a copy of that picture for my inspiration