Monday, July 20, 2009

Family campout!

I reserved a camp spot a few months ago in American Fork Canyon. We haven't done a ton of camping together as a family mainly because it's hard camping when you have babies. Now that Brooklyn and Weston are a little older and Blake is getting out of the baby stage I want to start making it a tradition because...
#1 It's a cheap vacation.
#2 Kids love camping and getting dirty
#3 It's nice to get away for a couple of days away from everything
#4 My favorite memories as a kid is camping with my family so I want my kids to have that same experience.

Blake ready to get his feet wet in the river...
Blake's favorite thing was throwing rocks in the river
The water was cold, but it was a HOT day so it was a great way to cool off...
We dared Rich to walk across the river where the rapids were strong, of course he had to prove he was man and he could do it without being swept away.



Rich's brothers - Cori & Broc

This was my favorite part of the weekend, I put my chair in the river and sat and did NOTHING!!
Playing a little jenga..
Roasting hotdogs...
You cant camp without having smores...
Rich's parents brought up this game called rodeo golf, it was a fun game...


I'm glad Blake enjoyed the tent, because I sure didn't! We have a little 5 men tent, I would say it only fits 3 comfortably. Rich said I abandoned him in the middle night because I took my sleeping bag and slept in the car. I could not fall asleep with all the kids feet kicking me all night! We'll have to invest in a bigger tent for next time.

Roasting some more smores...
You have to put the graham cracker and chocolate close to the fire so when you put the marshmallow on the graham it all melts together! It's the only proper way to cook a smore.
Blake did so good on this trip. We brought the playpen so we didnt have to chase him around the whole time, as long as we kept throwing food at him he was happy boy.
For the first night we had foil dinners, food always taste better when your camping.

8 comments:

Kelly said...

Looks like fun. I love to go camping. The kids have been bugging us to go. The pictures of the smores are making my mouth water!!!

Kelly said...

Oh,ya-and I love your new header pictures. So cute! Oh,and the nuts turned out really good. Yours were better though, they had a thicker shell. I'll try it again though sometime.

Nate, Holly, Parker, Joshua, Ethan and Grace said...

looks like fun. i want to go with u guys sometime.

Joe and Liz said...

Cute pictures...sounds like an awesome getaway!!

Anonymous said...

We have a 7 man tent feel free to borrow it anytime. Looks like you had great fun wish we were that adventurous!

Caroline said...

ahhhh how fun!!!! i dont blame u for sleeping in the car hhahaa

Carrick family said...

That looked soooo fun!!! I love camping. Glad you guys got to go. That is funny about you leaving Rich with kids in the tent and slept in the car. good for you! ha. Cute pictures!

Merri Hackett said...

That looked like a blast!!!

Did you run a marathon this year? Or are you running St George?