Sunday, March 18, 2012

Time Out for Women

This weekend I was able to go to Time Out for Women for the first time.  The speakers were funny and entertaining and the music was so inspiring. I took away a lot from this conference and learned a lot. This conference couldn't have come at a better time in my life. I've been feeling completely overwhelmed with everything lately.  Rich is coming very close to graduation which is sooo exciting but at the same time it's been stressful as he prepares for his boards and searches for a job. Saying that Rich is stressed is a understatement. We are really hopeful that Idaho will be our home but still haven't had any job offers, so we've started searching for jobs all over. I didn't have the best attitude in the beginning about searching for jobs outside of Idaho, I want to be close to my family. I miss them a lot. Then to make things a little bit more challenging at a already stressful time Blake gets diagnosed with type 1 diabetes while I am in my first trimester of our 5th baby. So I was not feeling my best.
Surprise were pregnant! We are due September 17th. 

 To back track a little bit I remember coming home from my brother-in-laws funeral telling myself I would never complain about my life and my trivial problems ever again. The weight and responsibilities that my sister has raising her children without her husband made me feel like I could never complain again about anything. I quickly learned that it was really hard to not complain when things don't go our way. When I had a negative thought my mind quickly went to her and everything that she was going through, and sometimes I would be able to change that negative into a positive and sometimes I couldn't.  I'm also learning that my trials will never be as big and life changing as Holly's but they are still trials and they are still hard.  The words that were spoken at this conference felt like that were meant for me, and I felt and still feel so much peace that everything will work out. The Lord has a plan for our family, and it's hard not knowing what's going to happen and it may not be how I thought things would end up, but I now have faith that he will take care of us. He will not leave us jobless or homeless(which is a recurring dream I have) I  feel very at peace that if we don't end up near family it will be ok. He knows what's best for us.

Rich's last day of school is April 6th, 3 weeks left! I have dreamed about seeing him in his cap in gown for so long, I can't believe it's just around the corner. I have made friends here that I'll never forget and I'll miss a lot.  I'm so grateful to be here right now, we may not have fallen in love with New Mexico but it's been so worth being here so I could meet these wonderful ladies that I am so lucky to call my friends. 


We got our picture taken with Jenny Oaks Baker, she was just nominated for a Grammy. I have never heard someone play a violin like her, I could have stayed there all night listening to her play. It was awesome. We also got to hear Hilary Weeks sing and speak. I grew up listening to her as a youth, so it was neat to see her in person and enjoy her talents. 

On Friday night after the conference we all went to Route 66  diner for dessert but ended up splurging and getting a full meal. We ate and visited until almost midnight. So much fun!

7 comments:

Jessi Miller said...

You probably get so sick of my comments! Just wanted to say congrats on Rich graduating and on the new baby! That is so exciting! I hope things settle down for you guys soon, and that Rich finds a job that you will both love. You have been in my thoughts a lot lately and I will keep your sweet family in my prayers.

crush said...

WOW!!!!! Teri!! First of all: CONGRATULATIONS on being pregnant!! That is so, so, so wonderful for you guys!!! WOW! And isn't it so wonderful to be at the end of the long road of higher education? It is wonderful, but at the same time, I'd say it's almost even more stressful than being in school. Seriously. Being in school is the comfort zone-- getting out there into the real world is scary and overwhelming at times. I'm glad you had your faith strengthened and bolstered at a wonderful conference. You will be taken care of and Heavenly Father will lead you to where he needs you. He will never give us anything that we cannot handle. But, I do have to admit: sometimes I wonder if he's got me mixed up with someone else!! :o) I love you and I'm so grateful you blog, too!! Let's keep in touch!

amy said...

Teri--Congratulations on the new baby! You are truly amazing! I am also so excited to hear that Rich is almost finished--it is great to know that the end is near. We are hoping to be finished by August as well and moving somewhere(really wherever John can get a job). I am always strengthened by your testimony Teri and your incredible faith. You sure are a great mom too!!! I will keep you in my prayers:)

Heather said...

I'm so jealous--about missing TOFW (not about all of the stresses you guys are facing right now). I'm glad you all enjoyed yourselves. Our family is definitely grateful we have been able to get to know you guys while we are here in ABQ. And as much as we all look forward to our husband's finishing school and starting their careers, it is definitely a hard adjustment to figure out where you are going to get a job and start that career and finally settle down. I'll be thinking of you guys and hoping and praying you guys find the best job for you and cross my fingers that that is also near family. If you need any help getting ready for the move, pleas let me know!

Natasha said...

Yay for Time Out! It really is the best thing ever invented for women. And it really does sound like it came at a perfect time for you. We too are looking forward to Jeff's graduation and praying to be led wherever we need to go. It's a trying experience. And CONGRATS on your pregnancy. That is REALLY exciting news for your family! I think September is the perfect time to have a baby. Looking forward to more details on that.

Stacey said...

Teri,
Congrats!!! I'm so happy for you! I can't believe you will be having #5! It seems like we were just working together and you were pregnant with Brooklyn!:) time flies! You have such a cute family! I'm so excited for you and rich and that he's almost done with school! I know what a long road it is! Good luck with everything!

Carrick family said...

Hey lady!!! Thanks for keeping your blog posted and it makes me to do it! I just finally updated my blog. I love reading your blog and know what is happening with you guys! I sure miss you! I am so glad I got to come to visit you. I

I am so glad you got to go to Time out for Women. you definitely needed it for sure!! You are such an amazing mother and wife. I really look up to you!