Sunday, March 27, 2011

Happy Birthday Brooklyn!















Brooklyn turned 7 last week. She chose an "Artist Palette" for her birthday cake. This girl loves to paint and color. So this was a perfect cake for Brooklyn. We got her some new art supplies and the Nanny McPhee movies. Brooklyn went back to school this past week, and I've been so impressed with how responsible she is with always checking with the nurse before she eats anything.  She has been really good to tell me and the school nurse when she doesn't feel right. Today she even tested her own blood sugars for the first time. She's really getting the hang of things. I think she has adjusted to all of this more then I have, I need to follow her example. As much as I wish she didn't have to deal with this new diagnosis of type 1 diabetes, it's been neat to see what a strong little girl I have. Happy Birthday Brooklyn! We love you. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the cake! And I LOVE how much our Brooklyn's are alike, besides their names and birthdays :) Looks like she had an AMAZING day!!

Kelly said...

What a cool cake. Riley LOVES to paint too. Looks like a fun day!

Carrick family said...

Happy Birthday Brooklyn!!! The cake is so adorable!! Good job!!