Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Monday Monday

When I woke up on Monday, I had the song "Monday Monday" by the Mamas and the Papas in my head, it was stuck in my head all day. It was kinda annoying. I wanted to do something fun on Monday because it was a holiday and Brooklyn was home. I couldn't think of anything too exciting so I first checked the dollar theater, there weren't any kid movies. Darn. My kids LOVE going to the movies. So I asked the kids what they wanted to do, and they wanted to go to McDonald's for an icecream and go to the gardens to see the fish. So that's what we did. We first headed off to McDonald's drive through got the dollar icecream cones and headed to the gardens.
Short sleeve shirts and icecream in February? This is still crazy to me that we can dress like this here.
I still have my braces on, it's nice they are clear. But I really am ready to have them off. Hopefully, they'll be off in a few months if my teeth keep moving.
I have to comment on Brooklyn's lovely hair, she is so proud of herself that she can do a ponytail with a tied ribbon and a clip.
This white turtle doesn't come out very often, Brooklyn was happy to see it. This place never gets old and boring to us.
After the gardens and the aquarium we had to make a pit stop at the store. I REALLY did not want to go, but we needed milk and bread. I was worried that taking all the kids in the store would ruin the perfect day. We had a minor melt down and 1 unhappy kid because he wanted wanted a donut. We also had 1 smashed loaf of bread, but that usually always happens. Since I had my camera in my purse I snapped a picture of what it looks like to go shopping with my kids. I wonder if I'll miss this when I'm older and my kids are grown? Right now, I'm thinking not.
When we got home we had spaghetti and meatballs. The only part I don't like about spaghetti is how it leaves a orange stain on the highchair and all over Samantha's face. It really is such a mess to clean up. After dinner I hosed down my kids, and everyone was in bed by 7:30. I may not be consistent about everything with my children, but being in bed by 7:30 is a must. I think I would lose my sanity if they were up really late.
We had a good day. (Except for the store)

No comments: