Thursday, April 09, 2009

Visit to the dentist...



I was really nervous about taking the kids to the dentist this morning, especially because I have to get a crown next month$$$. Brooklyn's last visit she had 4 mini root canals, and 4 crowns! And she had to be completely sedated. I could have bought the swingset that I've been wanting forever with the amount I spent on her mouth. At Weston's last visit, he had 2 crowns and 3 fillings. He also had to be sedated. So I was pleasantly surprised when both of them were cavity free! The dentist also talked to me about braces with Brooklyn! She has already lost her first tooth and the second tooth is almost out, so since she's losing teeth this early she'll start braces early. She could get braces when she's 9 or 10. Which I think is great, especially if her teeth are as crooked as mine were when I was little she will want those braces on ASAP.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

I still can't believe that Brooklyn is losing teeth already! That's great-no cavaties. Riley has her first check-up at our next visit in Sept. I can't even believe that!

Joy said...

Oh how I hate the dentist! Luckily we've never had any cavities...getting Josh's two bottom teeth pulled at the dentist was stress enough for me. And expensive enough! Brooklyn will look cute in braces!

Carrick family said...

That is soooo exciting!! I bet you are sooo relieved and very happy about no cavities or no dental work s at all! I was same way with you with my kids 2 months ago. whew!!